Sunday, June 5, 2011

PCS Day Two


Today was one of our longest days of driving.  It took over 10 hours to get from point A to point B.  Fortunately, most of the drive was through my favorite landscapes - tundras, taigas, and alpine meadows. 


The porkies were out in force today, including this massive fellow who made me stop while he crossed the road in front of me, shaking his quills menacingly at me all the while.


We found a few flocks of tundra chickens too.  Don't they look tasty?  This cock ptarmigan tried to chase The Husband away from his hens when The Husband tried to use the outhouse!

We also saw a brown bear cub, but he was just as startled as we were so I didn't get a chance for a picture. Fingers crossed for more bears though, since we're spending tonight on the Chilkoot river!

No comments:

Post a Comment