Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Lake Mead


I'll start this off by being blunt: I hate the desert.  I find it to be ugly, uninspiring, washed out and, of course, hot.  But still, I was starting to go stir-crazy here in the city and I knew I had to get out. 


Since just going out into the desert to take pictures wasn't very inspiring, I decided to pick up some camera toys I've been eyeing for some time.  Neither of the places I stopped had the cable release I wanted, but I did get a polarizing filter!


Of course, since I got the filter, it wasn't a sunny day.  Still, the filter's pretty cool!


So I drove out to Lake Mead to snap a few shots.


I wasn't very impressed with the part of Lake Mead I saw.  Next time I'll go the other way around.


Still, some of the pictures came out pretty good!


1 comment:

  1. Great photos!

    I feel the same way about the desert. The 3 yrs we spent in the Mojave Desert were the longest yrs of my life. Thank goodness we went to CT after that...it was so good to have trees and grass again.

    ReplyDelete