Thursday, November 3, 2011

Canyon Eve


Well, I survived my backpacking trip!  In fact, I did more than survive.  I went into this trip thinking that it would be a one time only deal.  I'd do it to say I'd done it and never think of it again.  Instead, we've already started planning routes for the next time!


I kept a journal with me during the whole thing so I will be making several posts over the next few days with entries from the journal, elaborations where necessary, and photos from each day.  My first entry is from the night before we began our hike.  It was a little bit drizzly that afternoon, but cleared up around sunset.  After midnight, though, it stormed ridiculously for several hours.


October 25, 2011
Eve of Adventure
8:15pm

Hard to believe this trip is already here!  S and I left Tucson early this morning and arrived at the Canyon around 3.  We stowed our stuff and went for a quick sunset hike along the rim to warm up for tomorrow.  It was a nice sunset but I am happier about the number of stars we can see!  Not as good as AK but way better than Vegas!  I have encountered the first problem already - my new camera battery is jammed!  If I can't get it out, I'll have to be very careful and not do too many night shots.  Early to bed tonight - will be in the canyon for dawn!







No comments:

Post a Comment