Sunday, April 4, 2010

BBA #20 - Multi-grain Bread Extraordinare

Last weekend's bread was this multi-grain bread. This bread incorporated a soaker, which is a technique we've been using from the get-go in this challenge. We were given much more leeway in what grains to use in the soaker, though. I ended up going with a mix of polenta and quinoa.

I've not done much work with grains before, and it was a bit of an effort to get everything incorporated into the dough (the rice was particularly irritating). My hands and arms were definitely sore by the time I gave up on kneading and called it a day.

The bread rose nicely and baked to a nice golden-brown. I didn't get to eat much of it, since I took it all into work, but I did use it for my tuna salad. Quite tasty, and perhaps a little better for me than regular bread. I'm still not a huge fan of sandwich loaves though. Perhaps next time I'll use the dough to make rolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment