Friday, April 2, 2010

Eagles

Today I decided to get the tires switched on my car. I hoped to avoid the mad rush of the weekend before the deadline, but even so I figured it would be several hours. The lady at Car Care agreed with me, so I picked up some subway and walked on back home... only to be called to come pick up my car within 15 minutes of getting home. Turns out there were some cancellations and three mechanics teamed up on my poor little civic.

It wasn't all a waste, though! Thanks to my walk I got to see "our" eagles - the mated pair whose nest is less than a mile from my home. They're fairly elusive as eagles go, largely because their nest is much more hidden in the summer, particularly compared to the Potter's Marsh eagles. I think I'm going to try to find a good spot from which to nest-watch this summer. The nest is about a 1/4 mile off the road, right on Ship Creek. Maybe if I go along the opposite bank I can find a good angle.

Of course, I didn't have my good camera, but the little pocket one did a decent job since they were so close!

No comments:

Post a Comment