Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Alyeska

So, I hadn't realized just how difficult it is to take pictures this time of year. Even on my half days, when I go into work the sun isn't even over the mountains. And again, even on the days I'm done relatively early, all I'm seeing is the last gleams of sunset as I drive home. Today was one of those days I really wished I had my camera with me, as the rising sun on a clear day turned Denali pink-and-blue, but I really have too much stuff to haul back and forth to work as it is. So instead, I shall share with you a shot from this weekend. I apologize for the quality - I was a horrible person this weekend. I didn't have my nice camera on top of the mountain, only my lame hand-held one. And for the next shots, I realized I didn't bring my zoom lens with me either!

Above, skiiers on Alyeska overlook Girdwood and the Turnagain Arm.

Below, as we drove home, we found some Dall Sheep (or sheps, as my brother likes to call them).

Do you see the sheep?

Okay, how about now?I'm really kicking myself for not bringing the zoom lens - these guys were as close as I can count on them getting!

No comments:

Post a Comment