Sunday, December 13, 2009

BBA #9 - Cinnamon Raisin Walnut Bread


I started this bread right after getting home from work. I chose not to include the walnuts, since I have an aversion for nuts in my breads. I also forgot to buy raisins, so I substituted cranberries. Taking Stacey's advice I soaked them first. Working them into the dough was a bit of a challenge - cranberries everywhere! Still, I eventually managed to beat the dough into submission and set it in an oiled bowl to rise.

About an hour into the recommended two hour rise, the Husband came home. Cooking dinner has not been my strong suit lately, so he suggested going out to eat. I eyed my dough, shrugged, and said "Sure!" It had already risen some, so I quickly divided it, shaped it, and popped it into loaf pans. I was pretty cautious when adding cinnamon sugar to make a swirl - too cautious as it turns out. You can barely tell it's there!

Anyway, we went out to dinner, which ended up taking somewhat longer than the loaves should have been rising. I ran back into the house, full of concern, to find the loaves nowhere near cresting the pan. I gave them another 30, then popped them into the oven to see what might be seen.

They ended up baking fine, although one in particular had definite rising issues still. Despite that issue, the bread came out pretty tasty. I gave the Husband a bit soon after they'd cooled and he made a bit of a face, but then I took a loaf to a party last night and he fell in love with it. Men are so weird sometimes!

Anyhow, not bad but not a favorite of mine. Onwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment