Wednesday, December 30, 2009

BBA #11 - Cranberry-Walnut Celebration Bread

The observant among you will notice that, while my bread has a lot of cranberries, the walnuts are decidedly lacking. That's because I didn't use them. Sorry, walnut fans!

Anyway, I think this is the last "sweet" bread for a while. Huzzah! Quite frankly, I just can't eat sweet breads like I do basic breads. I think it's because they don't go so well with cheese, and cheese is the best.



This bread was very "meh" for me. There was nothing new in the preparation - we've mixed in berries before in the cinnamon raisin bread. The braiding was just like the challah. Oh! The recipe called for something like a tablespoon and a half of lemon or orange extract. I used orange and it's a bit overpowering. Definitely cutting it down if I make this bread again.

I moved the oven rack higher, to avoid the toasty bottom that my challah got. It was a good thing I did, this bread cooked quickly for me, too!

Anyway, the bread is tasty enough, especially with a dollop of apple butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment