Thursday, September 3, 2009

#3 Denali

"Oh, if life were made of moments... Even now and then a bad one!
But if life were only moments, then you'd never know you'd had one!"
~Sondheim, Into the Woods

Thursdays are my longest days. Okay, that's technically not true. Technically they are just as long as my Wednesdays. However, due to the different placement of my half-hour prep, Thursdays are a lot more rushed. In addition, it's been a dreary, rainy few days. So this was just what I needed as I got off the highway and headed across the overpass to my afternoon building.

Denali. Mount McKinley. The Great One.

That's right, I see it on my way to work.

My life is awesome.

Denali is one of my "moments." No matter how many times I see the mountain, every time I get chills down my spine. There's that split second where I am in awe of the world and everything that is troubling me is pushed down into insignificance. I'm sure there will be more pictures of Denali forthcoming, but this view - though not the best from a photography standpoint - holds a special place in my heart.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes its not the pictures with the perfect focus or angle that really speak to us. I think this is a great shot of Denali, just towering over the land, watching over those that live in its shadow.

    ReplyDelete