Saturday, September 5, 2009

#5 Salmon on Parade

Today I went out to the state fair with some friends. The timing was perfect, as I'd just received some less-than-pleasant news about my husband's return date this morning, so I really needed to get my mind off of things. It was a gorgeous day, 65-70, mostly sunny, and not too crowded.

As usual, one of my favorite things about the fair (apart from the corn fritters!) is the Salmon on Parade. This is my particular favorite for the year. I think it's very classy, with the grayscale landscape of Ship Creek painted on. Some of them got pretty crazy (a salmon swimming through two giant ears? Really!), so I really appreciated the subtlety of this one.

In other news, I tried some of my friend's fireweed honey ice cream - oh my god! Best ice cream EVER! The company is Cornucopia Cones, in Eagle River if anyone is interested.

I also found my dream grill: http://traegergrills.com/

The one that looks like a pig! Of course, if the husband won't let me spend that much on the grill, I suppose I could be satisfied with the junior grill. I spent several minutes drooling over the grills, so the guys working the stand gave us some of the pork they had on... Soooo good! I'm needing some good BBQ now!

No comments:

Post a Comment